To get the GST/HST Credit you have to file a tax return for the most recent year, even if you haven’t had a job or gotten any income for the year.

For new residents to Canada you must fill out the RC151 Form. At Catherine Barrie Accounting we understand how confusing the tax process can be for new residents to Canada and are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

If you have suffered a loss in your family, the GST/HST credit for deceased individuals ends the quarter following the date of death.