This credit is a tax-free payment meant to help with your property and sales tax on energy costs in Ontario.
You may qualify if:
- You are 18 years old or above
- You are or were married or in a common-law relationship
- You are a parent who lives or lived with your child
- You rented or paid property tax on your residence
- You lived on a reserve and were responsible for paying home energy costs
- You lived in a public long-term care home and paid an amount for your accommodation
This credit could pay anywhere between $25 and $1187 depending on your situation so in order to be sure what you may be entitled to, we recommend using the Ontario Tax Credit Calculator.