This credit is meant to help manage the higher costs of home energy that Canadians living in Northern Ontario face.
You may receive this credit if:
- Your main residence is in Northern Ontario
- You are 18 years old or older
- You have or had a spouse or common-law partner
- You are a parent who lives or did live with your child
- You rented or paid property tax for your home
- You lived on a reserve and paid home energy costs
- You lived in a public long-term care home and paid part of your fees
If you are single you could receive up to $151 and families could receive up to $232 Try the Ontario Tax Credit Calculator to get a better idea where you stand.