Income that doesn`t have taxes deducted such as: sale of shares or property, interest earned, dividends received, and others can leave you with a balance owing when you have your taxes completed. If you would like to avoid this you can ask your employer or pension to deduct more than the appropriate amount of tax from your cheques to lower your balance owing from these forms of income at the end of the year.